[Mailman-Users] Hijacking threads and netiquette (was: e: Obscure addresses problem)

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Tue Sep 5 18:17:48 CEST 2006

On 9/5/06, Brad Knowles <brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote:
> At 10:30 AM -0500 2006-09-05, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>
> >  At least on Mailman 2.1.6, something about how the page where you
> >  enter the administrative password is designed prevents Firefox from
> >  remembering that password for me.  It's extremely annoying, I have to
> >  go look that one up in Passwordsafe each time I use it, which is
> >  nearly daily.  Anybody have any ideas?
>
> First off, please don't hijack existing threads and leave the subject
> line the same.  If you have a new topic, please create a new message
> with a new subject.

Sorry about this ending up attached to the thread.  I don't see how it
did, and it wasn't my intention.

> Secondly, your wording of this question suggests that you have not
> yet searched the FAQ or the archives before posting -- see FAQ 1.22.

I can find nothing in the FAQ relating to this.  However, the copy of
the FAQ I have found doesn't have numbers (list.org, documentation,
FAQ), so I'm not sure I've looked at the exact item you think
addresses it.  Where is this FAQ 1.22?
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <mailto:dd-b at dd-b.net>, <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>