[Mailman-Users] Subject Line on Invite Messages

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Sep 6 00:02:10 CEST 2006

At 4:20 PM -0500 2006-09-05, <Jimmy.do at omicron-lab.com> wrote:

>  Hi, Does the VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = Yes only works on certain version of
>  Mailman? We have Mailman version 2.1.1-5, Python 3.0.4-0.1, and Qmail
>  (1.03-rhel3) and have set the setting as suggested; but we are still getting
>  the generic subject line for list subscription confirmation email.

Looking through the source, Mailman 2.1.5 mentions this option, but
I've having trouble using Subversion to figure out precisely when
this was introduced.  I know that the code around this option has
changed more than once, but that's about all I can tell you right now.

I can tell you that the latest current version right now is version
2.1.8, and 2.1.9 will be released very soon.  2.1.9rc1 is out now,
and we're already running it on python.org.  There are some important
security fixes coming with 2.1.9, so I highly recommend that you get
this version for your site as soon as it is available.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.