[Mailman-Users] Config_list doesn't copy the "Public HTML Pages"

Dragon dragon at crimson-dragon.com
Wed Sep 6 00:37:03 CEST 2006

Brad Knowles sent the message below at 15:07 9/5/2006:
>At 5:41 PM -0400 2006-09-05, Ken Winter wrote:
> >  3. If not, is there some easier way to do it than opening the "source" and
> >  "target" lists in the administrator web sites and cutting-and-pasting the
> >  HTML from one to the other?
>If you have privileged command-line access to the server in question,
>then you should be able to copy over customized HTML templates.
>Other than that, I don't have any answers for you.  Perhaps one of
>the core Mailman developers will see your question and be able to
>give you a better response.

I found out almost by accident that if you have edited the list info
page, it is stored in an HTML file called listinfo.html under the
list directory in a directory named for the default list language (I

So on my system (using the default mailman install location) for one
of my lists, this file exists on the following path:

The other files you can edit via the web interface are stored in the
same place.

Those files are:

It appears that the default versions for these live in the templates
directory for the list default language. On my system:

I do not know for certain how this works for lists with multiple
languages enabled. However, I suspect that a similar method is used
and there is a sub-directory with the appropriate ISO language code
under the lists/listname directory.

I also do not know if it would work if you put custom versions of any
other template files in that sub-directory. It would be a nice way to
do list-specific versions of templates if that does work.