[Mailman-Users] Config_list doesn't copy the "Public HTML Pages"

Dragon dragon at crimson-dragon.com
Wed Sep 6 00:37:03 CEST 2006

Brad Knowles sent the message below at 15:07 9/5/2006:
>At 5:41 PM -0400 2006-09-05, Ken Winter wrote:
>
> >  3. If not, is there some easier way to do it than opening the "source" and
> >  "target" lists in the administrator web sites and cutting-and-pasting the
> >  HTML from one to the other?
>
>If you have privileged command-line access to the server in question,
>then you should be able to copy over customized HTML templates.
>
>Other than that, I don't have any answers for you.  Perhaps one of
>the core Mailman developers will see your question and be able to
>give you a better response.

I found out almost by accident that if you have edited the list info
page, it is stored in an HTML file called listinfo.html under the
list directory in a directory named for the default list language (I
believe...)

So on my system (using the default mailman install location) for one
of my lists, this file exists on the following path:

         /usr/local/mailman/lists/listname/en

The other files you can edit via the web interface are stored in the
same place.

Those files are:

         options.html
         subscribe.html
         subscribeack.txt

It appears that the default versions for these live in the templates
directory for the list default language. On my system:

         /usr/local/mailman/templates/en

I do not know for certain how this works for lists with multiple
languages enabled. However, I suspect that a similar method is used
and there is a sub-directory with the appropriate ISO language code
under the lists/listname directory.

I also do not know if it would work if you put custom versions of any
other template files in that sub-directory. It would be a nice way to
do list-specific versions of templates if that does work.

Dragon