[Mailman-Users] Config_list doesn't copy the "Public HTML Pages"

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Sep 7 03:53:39 CEST 2006

At 11:21 AM -0700 2006-09-06, Dragon wrote:

>  The site-wide templates for each language are located on my system in
>  the directory /usr/local/mailman/templates/<language>

That's the location for the as-shipped default templates, which will
get over-written on the next re-install.

>  These would not have to be copied because they act as the default. In
>  theory, these files are the "factory default" version unless you
>  modify them. Since I have custom versions of these files in the
>  default directory, my only "factory default" versions are those in
>  the source distribution.

FAQ 4.48 says you should install these under
/usr/local/mailman/templates/<list.host_name>/<language> (for
domain-specific customized templates that are on a system supporting
multiple domains), or /usr/local/mailman/templates/site/<language>
(for customized templates that would be common to all domains served
by a given system).

>  The unfortunate thing here is that when I upgrade from one version to
>  the next, I have to back up my versions, do the install which
>  overwrites my files and then copy my files back. I suppose I ought to
>  do a diff and create a patch file to make this easier in the long run.

If you follow the layout recommended by FAQ 4.48, that should no
longer be a problem.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.