[Mailman-Users] Automatic creation of new lists
fquestie at vub.ac.be
Wed Sep 13 13:30:03 CEST 2006
for our University I want to setup automatically mailinglists for each
course and study year (some 10.000 mailing lists).
I wonder, is something available for this aim?
I could adapt newlist to make it non-interactive
and script it with add_members,
but probably some of you did this already or have a better idea?
The setup that I have in mind/development is:
- mailman on Debian Linux with exim4
- Setup a default config for new lists in mm_cfg.py
(drop welcome message, setup one owner, ...)
- From the database: create files with the listnames as filename and the
email addresses as contents.
- From these filenames: create new lists with a kind of adapted newlist???
- Run add_members for each list
Who knows or has such adapted non-interactive newlist,
or has a better idea alltogether?
More information about the Mailman-Users