[Mailman-Users] central location for /pythonlib/* for multiple installations

Bretton Vine bretton at hivemind.net
Fri Sep 15 12:17:04 CEST 2006

Apologies if I've ignored something obvious here, but with 6 mailman
installations (all upgraded to 2.1.9 with a patched sourced) I've found
discrepancies in the version of

between the different installations. One installation kept causing the
problems with attachments with an apostrophe or other oddities (i.e.
filename..pdf) etc. Given that for a minority of lists /all/ content must be
accepted this isn't on. Exim accepts the messages, delivers to mailman and
then they just sit in

Even running unshunt doesn't help much. A reboot did though.

Can I run multiple installations of mailman but refer to on single location
of the pythonlib/* files for all installations? This would prevent the
different file sizes and content that seems to have cropped up.

  i.e. over 6 MM installs all copies of Utils.py are different sizes, some
       the same dates, others not

Given that this affects 250+ lists it's an important issue I need
clarification on before experimenting.

thanks in advance.
| Bretton Vine | 083 633 8475 | bretton at hivemind.net |
| GPG: http://bretton.hivemind.net/bretton_vine.asc  |

"Not all who wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien