[Mailman-Users] Topics regex

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Sep 18 22:24:03 CEST 2006

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

>By "fixed", do you mean the behavior is now documented?  Or that they
>won't be compiled in VERBOSE mode?  (Off-hand either seems reasonable,
>though I suspect most people are more used to the mode where
>whitespace is treated verbatim.)

I mean (from the 2.2 NEWS file)
<quote>
The processing of Topics regular expressions has changed. Previously
the Topics regexp was compiled in verbose mode but not documented as
such which caused some confusion.  Also, the documentation indicated
that topic keywords could be entered one per line, but these entries
were not handled properly.  Topics regexps are now compiled in
non-verbose mode and multi-line entries are 'ored'.  Existing Topics
regexps will be converted when the list is updated so they will
continue to work.
</quote>