[Mailman-Users] Announce ONLY list

Ki Song ki at knifecenter.com
Mon Sep 18 23:04:55 CEST 2006

> From: "Rob Jackson" <robertj at linux4free.com>
> Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:56:31 -0600
> To: <mailman-users at python.org>
> Subject: [Mailman-Users] Announce ONLY list
> I need to create an announce only list, where people can subscribe, but they
> cannot post.  I also have other lists that I will need to create continually
> that will not be this way.
> Is there a bit I can set for this list only so the subscribers cannot post.
> Thanks
> -Rob

I don't know if there is a bit you can set for it, but you can set the list
so that it is an announce only list in the administration interface

Basically, you only let messages that are "approved" by the moderator to be
allowed to be sent to the list.

That is exactly how I use this list as a newsletter, or, in your words, an
announce only list.