[Mailman-Users] [Fwd: archive emails are garbled]

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Sep 19 03:24:02 CEST 2006

Justin Zygmont wrote:

>The messages appear as HTML code, and do not display an HTML looking
>email when it arrives to the subscribers.

This indicates that the MIME structure of the message has somehow been
corrupted or you are looking at a 'plain' format digest as opposed to
a 'mime' digest or an individual message from the list.

>I'm using mailman-2.1.5.1-34.rhel4.3 and tried different content
>filering options, it didn't seem to help though.  Here is a sample of
>part of an email:

The sample doesn't help. What we need to see is the headers of the
message and it's subparts. Ideally, both what you send to the list and
what you get back.

Send a very short, HTML message to the list with a Bcc: to yourself.
Then view the message source of both the Bcc: and the message from the
list. If you want help, you can copy and paste these message sources
into a post to this list.