[Mailman-Users] Using the inject message command

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Sep 21 06:42:51 CEST 2006

At 6:01 PM -0700 9/20/06, Jack Stone wrote:

>   Try that with MM shows everything in the body, including the
>  stuff meant for the header. Here's the template I used for
>  majordomo. Perhaps anyone having used majordomo as well as
>  MM will know of what I ask:

Don't use "inject".  That's for Mailman to use internally to send out
mail messages like password reminders, etc....

Try formatting the message correctly (with all headers, etc...) and
then submitting that via a proper command-line message submission
agent, such as sendmail.  When I've done that in the past, it's
looked something like:

	sendmail -t -fsender at address.he.re.example.com < /path/to/message

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.