[Mailman-Users] web interface on another machine?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Sep 22 19:36:01 CEST 2006

At 11:57 AM -0500 9/22/06, John Heim wrote:

>  We have mailman installed on our mail server. But we don't want to run
>  apache on that machine. We already have apache running on another machine.
>  Can we have the cgi scripts run on our web server?

In theory, yes.

>  What we've done so far is to nfs mount the mailman directory on the web
>  server. But we are running into permissions problems.

The Mailman developers have done a lot of work to try to make Mailman
as NFS-safe as possible.  However, any time you introduce NFS into
this kind of a system, there are going to be a number of additional
issues you may face which otherwise might not have been a problem.

Mailman has tools that you can use to try to help diagnose such
problems -- specicially the command-line program "check_perms".  See
FAQ 4.9 and the site admin documentation for more information.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.