[Mailman-Users] Upgrading after crash

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Sep 28 22:06:22 CEST 2006

    Our list server decided to take a dive yesterday so I spent the day
rebuilding.  So far everything seems to be working just peachy.
However, I have this nagging feeling I'm forgetting something, so I
thought I'd ask the experts.  Maybe I did over look something, not
sure...  So after getting the server back up and running, I copied the
following from backup:

    /home/mailman/[domain]/archives
    /home/mailman/[domain]/data
    /home/mailman/[domain]/lists

    I didn't care for what was stuck in qfiles, nor any running locks
and what not.

    After fixing the directory permissions, I installed mailman 2.1.9
(which was an upgrade from 2.1.8 for me) and after starting cron and the
qrunner, everything appears fine.  Passwords are still what they were
and mail is flowing.  All of the web services are working as well (still
under suexec.)

    So, what did I forget?

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.