[Mailman-Users] Member list...

David Boothe dbrva at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 05:00:30 CEST 2006

I habe the following set up as a cron job...

  /path/to/mailman/bin/list_members listname | mail -s 'List Names' box at address.com

  It sends the email to box at address.com but it is empty.

Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
  David Boothe wrote:

>I would like to set up a cron job to automatically send me an email with the current member list. I see that list_members is in the bin directory but I cant seem to get it to work via cron to send me the list. Does anyone know how to do this?

It should work.

I'm guessing your issue is either permissions or getting the results
mailed to the right place. In general, you may need to add the
path/to/bin/list_members command to the crontab for the mailman user
in order that it have permission to run. You can't put it in your own
crontab unless you can run bin/list_members as you.

Then you have the issue of mailing the result to you is the command is
in Mailman's crontab. You may be able to put a
'MAILTO=you at example.com' in the crontab, but that may not be desired
because of where you want error output from other commands in the
crontab to go. You may need to pipe the output from bin/list_members
to something (e.g. /bin/mail you at example.com) that will mail it to you.

--
Mark Sapiro The highway is for gamblers,