[Mailman-Users] fix_url error

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Sep 30 05:21:17 CEST 2006

Catherine Maxwell wrote:

>Yes, command line.

Sorry for being cryptic. By "command line?" I meant what was the
command line you typed?

>These are the files that are on the server:
>
>-rw-rw----  1 mailman  mailman  216198 Sep 29 00:41 config.pck
>-rw-r-----  1 mailman  mailman   93225 Oct  3  2005 config.pck.bak
>-rw-rw----  1 mailman  mailman  216192 Sep 29 00:41 config.pck.last
>-rw-rw----  1 mailman  mailman   27421 Sep 28 20:04 digest.mbox
>-rw-rw----  1 mailman  mailman   11615 Sep 29 00:41 pending.pck
>-rw-rw-r--  1 mailman  mailman    6430 Sep 29 00:41 request.pck

And did you run the withlist -r fix_url command as the mailman user?

>Do you know a command to resurrect the list? At this point, Mailman
>is saying that there is no list by that name.

In what context? I.e. what URL or command is reporting no list?

You could try

mv config.pck config.pck.2.bak
mv config.pck.last config.pck

If there is a problem with the config.pck, this may help. It will undo
whatever was done at Sep 29 00:41, but I'm not yet convinced there is
a problem with the config.pck.