[Mailman-Users] Infamous error "ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1" (followup)

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Tue Apr 3 01:52:09 CEST 2007

Rolf E. Sonneveld wrote:
> Tokio Kikuchi wrote:
>>> However, when I try to access Mailman via my browser (using Apache on
>>> the server side) I get the infamous error message:
>>>

>>> The /usr/local/lib version seems to be more recent. Before installation,
>>> I made sure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH was set to
>>>
>> So, the apache was not running under LD_LIBRARY_PATH envrironment.  You
>> should setenv LD_RUN_PATH while compiling or use crle.  Read the crle
>> man for detail.
>>

> as a followup to my previous message: I just did a ldd for httpd and
> this is the result:
>
> bash-3.00# ldd /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd

It's not httpd which caused that error.  Maybe its python and/or a
module which resides in python library path (.../lib/python2.x/) which
is called from httpd running environment.  You should set LD_RUN_PATH
properly while compiling python, mailman, and httpd.  LD_LIBRARY_PATH is
only effective when the compiled executable is running.  So, you might
want to startup httpd like:
# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/whatever/lib /some/where/bin/apachectl start

Tokio Kikuchi, tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/