[Mailman-Users] Virtual hosts

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Apr 10 02:08:23 CEST 2007

Ira Goldstein wrote:

>  Hi.  The list's host_name on the web page does reflect the desired
>virtual host name.

Then this is an issue with the outgoing MTA. I can't tell you what you
need to do to fix it, but I can tell you that Mailman is already using
the host_name attribute as the domain in list email addresses.

>I've tried the add_virtualhost as
>
>add_virtualhost('dom2.ain', 'dom2.ain')
>
>both with and without:
>
>add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
>
>but did not see any difference in the system response.

If DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST are correct in Defaults.py,
then

in mm_cfg.py would be redundant and make no difference, but

add_virtualhost('dom2.ain', 'dom2.ain')

is required in mm_cfg.py, but it only affects newly created lists
unless you run fix_url. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.069.htp>.

>I've spent the weekend reading up on postfix, but can not see where
>postfix is rewriting the header (I'm not saying that it isn't doing this,
>just that with my limited knowledge, I don't see it).

I'm sorry, but I probably know less about Postfix than you. Perhaps
someone else on this list can help, but the best resource for this
issue is probably one dedicated to Postfix.