[Mailman-Users] Mailman receiving mail, but mail not going out.

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Apr 20 19:00:37 CEST 2007

Richard Healy wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>> What are the files in the 'in' queue? Are they .pck files or .bak files?
>>

>The files in the 'in' queue are .pck files.

This is very strange. I can only think of a few things that might cause
this and none of them seem likely. Either IncomingRunner is somehow
suspended so it appears in 'ps' but is not actually running or it is
somehow really broken (which would probably cause errors in the error
log), or the installation is wrong in that the mail wrapper is queuing
the messages in one qfiles/in directory and IncomingRunner is looking
in a different qfiles/in directory.

>> Are there any errors in Mailman's error log?
>>

>There are errors in the error log, but they date back almost a year from when I
>first installed mailman.  There is nothing new in the log since I restarted
>mailman (several times), <snip>

To elaborate on the "installation is wrong" theory, if the mail wrapper
is built pointing to a scripts/ directory with a paths.py with a
'prefix' different from the 'prefix' in the bin/ directory, this could
mess things up.

I gather Mailman was working and stopped working. If this is the case,
did you change anything before it stopped?

You could check for more that one scripts/ directory in different
places or check to see that scripts/paths.py is the same as
bin/paths.py?

Does the web interface work?

Can Mailman send mail, e.g. if you subscribe someone via the web, do
the notifications/confirmations get sent?