[Mailman-Users] Mailman gid problem

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Fri Apr 20 20:38:48 CEST 2007

On Friday 20 April 2007 09:17:29 Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
> On Apr 20, 2007, at 10:41 AM, David Southwell wrote:
> > ___________________________________
> > Extract from /var/maillog
> > Apr 20 08:24:58 dns1 Mailman mail-wrapper: Group mismatch error.
> > Mailman
> > expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as group "nobody",
> > but the
> > system's mail server executed the mail script as group "mailman".  Try
> > tweaking the mail server to run the script as group "nobody", or re-
> > run
> > configure,  providing the command line option `--with-mail-
> > gid=mailman'.
>
> This is the third and final time I'll ask you give a long directory
> listing of your mailman/data directory.  (Twice here and once on the
> FreeBSD list).
I'm sorry -- I did in fact try to send it but mailman trashed my mail system
and I lost the thread.

Here it is

-rw-r-----  1 root     mailman     41 Apr 16 07:51 adm.pw
-rw-rw----  1 root     mailman   4364 Apr 20 06:39 aliases
-rw-rw----  1 mailman  mailman  16384 Apr 20 06:39 aliases.db
-rw-r-----  1 root     mailman     41 Apr 16 07:52 creator.pw
-rw-r--r--  1 root     mailman     10 Apr 20 07:11 last_mailman_version
-rw-rw----  1 mailman  mailman      5 Apr 20 02:49 master-qrunner.pid
-rw-r--r--  1 root     mailman  14114 Apr 20 07:11 sitelist.cfg
-rw-rw-r--  1 mailman  mailman      0 Apr 17 09:52 virtual-aliases
-rw-rw----  1 www      mailman   2275 Apr 20 06:39 virtual-mailman
-rw-rw-r--  1 mailman  mailman  16384 Apr 20 06:39 virtual-mailman.db

> I recently set up mailman on a system extremely similar to yours
> (FreeBSD 6.*, postfix).  And I've been a long time user of mailman
> (although with sendmail and exim).  I really am in a good position to
> help, but I might have to leave it to people with more patience.

You have been great

OK ask away for any further info you need.