[Mailman-Users] web interface bug after restore mailman

Cen Gao cengao at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 06:14:04 CEST 2007

Hi Mark:
thanks a  lot for your suggestion.
the error log is as follows

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.9

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy
of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
happened. Thanks!

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/mailman//scripts/driver", line 82, in run_main
immediate=1)
  File "/usr/local/bin/mailman//Mailman/Logging/StampedLogger.py",
line 52, in __init__
    Logger.__init__(self, category, nofail, immediate)
  File "/usr/local/bin/mailman//Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 50, in __init__
    self.__get_f()
  File "/usr/local/bin/mailman//Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 68, in __get_f
    1)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/codecs.py",
line 566, in open
    file = __builtin__.open(filename, mode, buffering)
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/bin/mailman/logs/error'
Python information:

Variable	Value
sys.version	 2.3.5 (#1, Dec 25 2005, 07:24:19) [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple
Computer, Inc. build 5250)]
sys.executable	 /usr/bin/python
sys.prefix	 /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3
sys.exec_prefix	 /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3
sys.path	 /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3
sys.platform	 darwin

FYI, the log directory and even all the mailman directory is owned by
mailman:mailman

And in /logs/error , it says

Aug 01 00:02:04 2007 (432) Uncaught runner exception: multipart message with
 no defined boundary
Aug 01 00:02:04 2007 (432) Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/mailman//Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 100, in _oneloop
    msg, msgdata = self._switchboard.dequeue(filebase)
  File "/usr/local/bin/mailman//Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 164, in dequ
eue
    msg = email.message_from_string(msg, Message.Message)
  File "/usr/local/bin/mailman/pythonlib/email/__init__.py", line 51, in message
_from_string
    return Parser(_class, strict=strict).parsestr(s)
  File "/usr/local/bin/mailman/pythonlib/email/Parser.py", line 75, in parsestr
    return self.parse(StringIO(text), headersonly=headersonly)
  File "/usr/local/bin/mailman/pythonlib/email/Parser.py", line 64, in parse
    self._parsebody(root, fp, firstbodyline)
  File "/usr/local/bin/mailman/pythonlib/email/Parser.py", line 246, in _parsebo
dy
    raise Errors.BoundaryError(
BoundaryError: multipart message with no defined boundary
Aug 01 00:02:04 2007 (432) Ignoring unparseable message: 1181090435.8718021+ee06
64d951288e0b7e6fb4b4e2b0efdc18362709

and this error log has only been written twice since I restored this
directory, although I've accessed the web page tons of times.

thanks again for your help

Cen