[Mailman-Users] Problem with archives and escaping of "From"

James Davis james at freecharity.org.uk
Wed Aug 1 13:49:54 CEST 2007

Running mailman 2.1.9-7 on Debian 4.0.

The archive for one of my lists played up today and two extra entries
appeared containing only the tail end of a seperate post. It turns out
that the archive software got confused when it came across a line in the
body that started "From" and had been properly escaped to ">From" in the
mbox file.

It treated that as the start of the e-mail. Deleting the ">" appears to
unconfused the archive software and the messages appeared as they
should. Am I getting my head in a twist, shouldn't the behavior have
been the other way around?

Thanks,

James

--