[Mailman-Users] Changing the received time on an outgoingauthorized email message?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Aug 2 05:01:27 CEST 2007

Brad Knowles wrote:

>On 8/1/07, Paul Key wrote:
>
>>  When authorizing a moderated list posting is it possible to change the
>>  date/time on the outgoing authorized list message to the time it was
>>  approved instead of the message showing the time it was first received
>>  by mailman?
>
>I'm not aware of any ability to do this with Mailman, although there
>are aspects of the moderation interface that I don't use.  You might
>be able to make changes to the message, re-submit the message as the
>originator, and then go through the moderation process again.

See FAQ at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.009.htp>
for more on this.

>Other than that, I don't see any obvious solution to this problem
>that doesn't involve writing custom code.

Correct, however mailman does currently add an X-Mailman-Approved-At:
header to the approved post with the local time of approval. For some
purposes at least, this might suffice (now that you know it's there).

You could also modify the code in Mailman/ListAdmin.py that adds this
header to mung the Date: header instead if that's really important,
but my opinion is the poster's original date should be preserved.