[Mailman-Users] Messages take over an hour to pass through mailman

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Aug 2 06:03:50 CEST 2007

On 8/2/07, Steven Jones wrote:

>  I am trying to determine why emails to lists sometimes take well in
>  excess of an hour....sometimes 4....
>
>  Is there anyway to determine where the issue lies?

Look at the logs.  Correlate the message-ids in the MTA logs
(sendmail, postfix, whatever) with the message-ids in the Mailman
logs (presumably in /usr/local/mailman/logs, or elsewhere as
appropriate for your installation), and then do the same for the
outbound traffic (going back to the MTA logs with the ids of the
messages as they are generated by Mailman).

That's about the only way I know of.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0