[Mailman-Users] user passwords

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Aug 8 05:08:22 CEST 2007

On 8/8/07, Luke Daly wrote:

>  One of my lists doesn't seem to have sent out the password for users
>  when they were moved from the previous system. My question is is there
>  an easy way to resend the passwords out manually to all members? the
>  monthly reminder doesnt seem to be sending them out. iam kind of at a
>  loss as to why. Thanks again guys hope to be able to post some responses
>  to other peoples issues soon rather than the leech i am at the moment.

There are a number of standard cron jobs that you're supposed to run
as part of the standard installation process for Mailman, and one of
those is the one to handle the sending out of passwords.

After making sure that you've got all the right cron jobs created for
Mailman, you could take the specific cron entry for sending out the
passwords and instead do that one by hand, as a one-time operation.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0