[Mailman-Users] hold_these_nonmembers

Par Leijonhufvud par at hunter-gatherer.org
Fri Aug 10 13:09:40 CEST 2007

Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org> [2007.08.10] wrote:
> There's an unofficial patch for this which allows you to specify that
> subscribers to specified other lists are also allowed to post, but
> I'm not sure if it has been brought up to compatibility for Mailman
> 2.1.9, although I know it worked for Mailman 2.1.5.  Search the
> archives and the Mailman patch page on SourceForge.

Claims to work for 2.1.9 (listinclusion.patch).

> I know this doesn't quite do what you want, but if you moderate new
> members by default and you explicitly un-moderate actual subscribers
> to the list, then the result should be the same.  I think.

My concern with going that route is twofold:

        1. Stability over future upgrades
        2. I know the list-admins, and I do not trust all of them to get
           a two step process right every time.

Would my solution work? What is the result if someone is both in the
membeshp list and on the hold_these_nonmembers list?

/Par

Par Leijonhufvud                               par at hunter-gatherer.org
<dhd> even though I know what a 'one time pad' is, it still sounds like
a feminine hygiene product.