[Mailman-Users] Does mailman have email commands for administrators?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Aug 14 23:49:49 CEST 2007

On 8/14/07, fliggle at pobox.com wrote:

>  Does mailman have any email commands that would allow a list admin to
>  subscribe/unsubscribe list members?

Mailman doesn't have a whole lot of e-mail commands that it supports.
There are e-mail commands that users can use when interacting with
Mailman, but that would mean that your list admin would have to forge
e-mail as coming from a given user in order to request that they be
subscribed, etc....

As far as the admin side of the house is concerned, you're expected
to do pretty much everything either via the web administrative
interface, or via the command-line interface while logged into the
server.

>  If you know that it does or does not, please reply with that info.  If
>  it does, do you know how can I learn about them?

So far, the only e-mail interface documentation I know of is at
<http://www.list.org/mailman-member/node10.html>, and is intended for
end-users and not admins.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0