[Mailman-Users] preventing mailto and http links in archives, trimming hotmail footers etc.

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Aug 19 22:06:00 CEST 2007

BobLaJolla at aol.com wrote:
> Is there a setting to turn off the mailto and URL embedding of  links in the
> web archive of list mail?  I have added the anti-spam  harvesting patch, and
> these are less than useful now.

There is no such setting. You'd have to modify the code in the
__processbody_URLquote() function in Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py.

> Also, I noticed the email addresses have a superfluous underscore  prepended
> to them in the archives (e.g., __user at aol.com_ (mailto:_user at aol.com) ).  Is
> that a common bug, and  where might I track that down?

I don't see this in Mailman 2.1.9. What version/package is this?

> Finally, is there a patch or setting to kill the common footers  that some
> mailers (like Hotmail) append to their outgoing emails?  For  example, aol
> generously adds the footer below:
> "...Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at..."  etc.
> Any way to automatically trim the most common of these before they  get to
> the subscribers and archive?

There is no setting for this. You'd need something like a custom handler
to remove these. I'm not aware of any existing one.

- --

Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (MingW32)