[Mailman-Users] Disabling confirmtionless subscriptions by listadmins

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Thu Aug 23 17:40:30 CEST 2007

On Aug 22, 2007, at 10:03 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

>> And, the heart of my
>> question, can I disable those [ways a list admin could add
>> addresses without confirmation]?

> Of course, you can do anything if you're willing to hack the code, but
> short of that, all you can do is eliminate the entire Membership
> Management... section including the Membership List from the admin
> interface.

I don't want to do that.  I do want the list admin to be able send
out invites, for example.

I think I will just have to either leave things as they are or modify
the code.  Probably the easiest modification would simply be to
remove the "subscribe" option from the mass subscription page.  Of
course someone could work around that by sending a properly crafted
HTTP POST, but those aren't the sorts of list-admins I'm worried about.

-j