[Mailman-Users] Help please

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Aug 25 06:14:00 CEST 2007

On 8/24/07, carlos narváez wrote:

>  My host isn't offering any help and my searches are fruitless, also
>  the mailman docs don't seem to explain this, just the actual mailman
>  setup. I think i'm looking for php script but i don't know for sure.
>  Please help, Thanks.

Mailman is not designed to be used in a hosted
environment without the host providing local
support for their users.  If your hosting
provider is not providing support, then you've
got the wrong hosting provider.

The primary intended environment for Mailman is
where you own the entire machine (or you
effectively own it through a lease), and you've
got full privileged access to all the affected
systems.  There's lots of stuff that will
probably need to be done on a periodic or ad-hoc
basis to support the system, and some of those
things require this level of access.  Therefore,
if you try to use Mailman outside of this
environment, you are then completely dependant on
the hosting provider.

If you want to look for a more friendly provider,
take a look at the Mailman FAQ Wizard page at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.017.htp>.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0