[Mailman-Users] bug in mailman2.1.9

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Aug 29 03:03:28 CEST 2007

Geo wrote:

>When I try  http://ml.inters.ru/mailman/admin (and others)
>I  see the text:
>----------------------------------
>Bug in Mailman version 2.1.9
>We're sorry, we hit a bug!   etc.
>------------------------------------
>the traceback is below..

Wrong traceback! The traceback below is from cron/gate_news (and
probably appears every 5 minutes). It is not the traceback produced
from trying to access the web interface.

>------------------------------------
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 284, in ?
>    main()
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 264, in main
>    process_lists(lock)
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 199, in process_lists
>    mlist = MailList.MailList(listname, lock=0)
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 130, in __init__
>    self.Load()
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 644, in Load
>    raise Errors.MMCorruptListDatabaseError, e
>Mailman.Errors.MMCorruptListDatabaseError: [Errno 2] No such file or
>directory: '/usr/local/mailman/lists/euro/config.db.last'

This error is a bit misleading. Mailman is attempting to load the list
data for a list named 'euro' it tries four files in the
/usr/local/mailman/lists/euro/ directory in the order 'config.pck',
'config.pck.last', 'config.db' and 'config.db.last' and only reports
the last error. In a normal 2.1.9 installation, only the first two
files will exist. In your case, these either don't exist or are
corrupt in some way.

The traceback we need to see for the web access error is one which
starts with File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver".