[Mailman-Users] Limit to the Number of Subscribers for eachlist?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Aug 29 17:28:41 CEST 2007

Brad Knowles wrote:

>On 8/29/07, wittygal wrote:
>
>>                                                        They tell me that
>>  phplist doesn't have the problems mailman does.
>
>That's a total load of bull.

Agreed.

First, phplist only does one-way (announcement) lists so if you want a
discussion list, phplist is not an option.

Second, if phplist on bluehost is able to deliver mail to many
recipients faster than Mailman on bluehost, this is a result of
conscious or unconscious configuration decisions made by bluehost in
the installation of Mailman, phplist and their MTAs. It is not because
of any inherent superiority of phplist.