[Mailman-Users] Limit to the Number of Subscribers for eachlist?

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Wed Aug 29 23:09:08 CEST 2007

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Dragon wrote:

> Lots of us have done just that. I run my lists on a server owned by a
> friend and have pretty much free reign to do whatever I want.

> If you can justify the costs of doing so, it is a good solution. For
> people like me who do this both as a hobby and for a non-profit
> organization, the trick is finding a place to host that server that
> won't cost an arm and a leg.

Other than my time of installing it and configuring it, I have no costs. I
run it on my iMac that sits at home. My DSL provider has no problems with
servers. Volume is low enough that my 384Kbps upstream is adequate. Until
a few months ago, that iMac was also my main desktop machine. While it's
now a dedicated server, there's nothing about Mailman and whatever MTA you
use that requires them to be on a dedicated server - they'll be quite
happy to chug along in the background.

-- Larry Stone
   lstone19 at stonejongleux.com