[Mailman-Users] mailing to maillist + others

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Mon Dec 3 21:21:02 CET 2007

A strange thing happened recently, and I know the sender is going to ask
me about this.

I have set up a notification list for a department here. A member sent a
notice to the list and also included some other people in the CC fields.
Mailman complained about too many recipients. I'm not really sure why
this caused a problem, other than the mail list address is sent to a
specific sender, but I thought the other CC recipients would have been
relayed to the proper MX servers.

Is there some way I can allow that to go through without a complaint and
why would that be a problem to mailman?

Thanks

Steve Campbell