[Mailman-Users] Not able to receive email from list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Dec 4 04:52:02 CET 2007

Chris Arnold wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> As I told you off line, you don't (or didn't) have a
>> data/virtual-mailman file.
>I think you must have looked in the wrong dir or something b/c there has
>been virtual_mailman and .db file since i first ran genaliases.

Maybe I did, but see below:

>> You need to be sure (fx_url) that your list
>> is in the lists.mytimewithgod.net domain
>I have run this and get the following:
>bin/withlist -l -r fix_url mtwg-prayer -u
<snip>
>option -u requires argument

If lists.mytimewithgod.net is DEFAULT_URL_HOST (but I don't think it
is), run

bin/withlist -l -r fix_url mtwg-prayer

If not run

bin/withlist -l -r fix_url mtwg-prayer -u lists.mytimewithgod.net

>Here is the contents of virtual_mailman
># STANZA START: mtwg-prayer
># CREATED: Mon Dec  3 21:01:43 2007
>mtwg-prayer at lists.mytimewithgod.net              mtwg-prayer
>mtwg-prayer-admin at lists.mytimewithgod.net        mtwg-prayer-admin
>mtwg-prayer-bounces at lists.mytimewithgod.net      mtwg-prayer-bounces
>mtwg-prayer-confirm at lists.mytimewithgod.net      mtwg-prayer-confirm
>mtwg-prayer-join at lists.mytimewithgod.net         mtwg-prayer-join
>mtwg-prayer-leave at lists.mytimewithgod.net        mtwg-prayer-leave
>mtwg-prayer-owner at lists.mytimewithgod.net        mtwg-prayer-owner
>mtwg-prayer-request at lists.mytimewithgod.net      mtwg-prayer-request
>mtwg-prayer-subscribe at lists.mytimewithgod.net    mtwg-prayer-subscribe
># STANZA END: mtwg-prayer

OK, that looks good.

>> then the
>> problem is that you need to add the full pathname of virtual_mailman
>> to virtual_alias_maps in main.cf.
>I have that too in the main.cf file:
>virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual,
>hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual_mailman
>virtual_alias_domains = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual

And is the virtual-mailman file you quote above in
/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual_mailman or in some other directory?