[Mailman-Users] Too many Bounce action notifications

Vikram Goyal tech at craftbits.com
Wed Dec 5 05:36:13 CET 2007

Hello,

I maintain a medium sized mailing list (over 40000) to which a
newsletter is sent out every few weeks. Till recently, I had no
issues with this list, but after the last newsletter was sent
out, I have started receiving "Bounce action notifications" by
the truckload.

Each of these is unique and the attached message contains the
list of addresses whose subscription has been disabled because of
excessive or fatal bounces. But there are a few problems:

1. This is first time I am receiving these many bounce
notifications. In fact, these notifications have not stopped
coming since the newsletter was sent out.

2. I have set my bounce notifications to NOT be sent out to the
list owner.

3. The web accessible Mailman is extremely slow to respond to any
requests.

Is there something here that doesn't seem correct? If I stop
mailman, I stop getting these notifications, but of course, that
is less than ideal situation. I am guessing, at some point these
notifications will stop, but why am I getting these notifications
now and never before?

I have restarted Mailman several times to no avail. I am running
Mailman 2.1.9.

Thanks,
Vikram Goyal,
tech at craftbits.com