[Mailman-Users] httpd.conf Rewrite rules with ZOPE to usemailman.

Ignacio Valdes ivaldes at hal-pc.org
Wed Dec 5 06:21:52 CET 2007

What ended up happening was that I followed the Mailman list moving
FAQ http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.004.htp
and the tar'ed symlinks to my old lists were not valid on the new
server. So the symlinks needed to be deleted and re-created such as:
ln -s /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/linuxmednews
Then I needed to 'chmod 755 private' in
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private and now it seems to work!

The hopefully last step now is how to figure out how to get it to use
the named URL, not the IP address URL such as
linuxmednews.com/mailman/listinfo for the info page and the rest.

-- IV