[Mailman-Users] Delayed delivery

Márcio Luciano Donada mdonada at auroraalimentos.com.br
Thu Dec 6 14:18:45 CET 2007

Márcio Luciano Donada escreveu:
>> What do you have in mm_cfg.py for SMTP_MAX_RCPTS? The default is
>> 500 and if you do not have VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 1 or
>> personalization to cause Mailman to send individual messages, you
>>  may be sending more recipients per transaction than Postfix will
>>  accept causing multiple retries.
> Hi, Mark Thanks for your help, I was checking the mm_cfg.py and not
> found the parameter SMTP_MAX_RCPTS. The problem is that I use
> postfix in the smtpd_recipient_limit = 10 to limit some users. How
> should I proceed, I can simply add the parameter in mm_cfg.py? I
> need to improve performance, because the e-mails so much time to be
> delivered. I am using the version 2.1.9. The parameter is into
> default.py the values is 500.

I believe that the problem is the configuration of postfix, with the
parameter smtpd_recipient_limit = 15, the mailman sends initially for
the first 15 members of the list and seguinda, after some time for the
others. There were some to improve the performance without that I have
to change the smtpd_recipient_limit, because that would be difficult
to change because of some usuáriso I have on my network, it may
increase the time that the mailman is the delivery of e-mails, group
of 15 destinations.

- --
Márcio Luciano Donada <mdonada at auroraalimentos dot com dot br>
Aurora Alimentos - Cooperativa Central Oeste Catarinense
Departamento de T.I.
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (MingW32)