[Mailman-Users] Vexing withlist and possibly rewrite rule problem?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 6 22:45:50 CET 2007

Ignacio Valdes wrote:

>So now, the final vexing question is that I have all this seemingly
>working but I cannot seem to get the mailman list to receive any
>e-mail. I have not setup an e-mail box for linuxmednews-announce at
>linuxmednews.com yet because I don't know what the server should do
>with email to that address so that mailman uses it. Any thoughts?

It should not deliver to a mailbox but should pipe the mail to
"|/path/to/mail/mailman post linuxmednews-announce".

How this is accomplished depends on the MTA. See
<http://www.list.org/mailman-install/mail-server.html>.

If your MTA is Exim, see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.019.htp>
and the docs linked from that as the installation manual is not
completely correct.

If you are generating aliases manually, you can run Mailman's
bin/genaliases to get a full list of required aliases.