[Mailman-Users] How to stop spam emails

Cyndi Norwitz cyndi at tikvah.com
Sun Dec 9 20:59:21 CET 2007

   From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen at xemacs.org>
   Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 17:57:57 +0900

   I thought you earlier wrote that SpamAssassin *is* being run by the ISP,

Correct.

   but "can't be used" with Mailman.

No, that they haven't taken the steps to integrate it with MM yet and have
no immediate plans to do so.

   If SpamAssassin is installed, I don't understand why you can't use it
   with Mailman.

Is there a way *I* can without the ISP doing anything?

   Lack of spam filtering is not just another feature that might not be
   provided in today's mail environment; it's a complete loss of service
   waiting to happen.  IMHO YMMV etc, but I strongly advise you be
   proactive on this.

I'm working on it.  They do have SA for email.

This is a great small local ISP.  They are very responsive to problems and
go out of their way for their customers.  I suspect no one has asked them
yet for this feature.  I expect they'll deal with it soon.

Thanks,
Cyndi