[Mailman-Users] How to stop spam emails

Cyndi Norwitz cyndi at tikvah.com
Mon Dec 10 05:14:08 CET 2007

   Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 14:11:00 -0600
   From: Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org>

   >  No, that they haven't taken the steps to integrate it with MM yet and have
   >  no immediate plans to do so.

   They don't need to.  So long as they're running SpamAssassin on their
   machines and using the standard SpamAssassin tagging feature, you can
   take advantage of that.  You don't need any further help from them on
   that subject.

That would rock.

   >  Is there a way *I* can without the ISP doing anything?

   Yes.  Set up your spam filters under "Privacy options..." then "Spam filters".

There is nothing called spam filters in privacy options.

I also checked content filtering and there is nothing relevant.

   So long as the e-mail for your mailing lists are passing through the
   same servers, then it doesn't matter.  At that point, e-mail is e-mail
   and it doesn't really matter who the sender is or who the recipient(s)
   is/are.

My guess is they are different servers, though the posts may pass through
the email server at some point.  List mail goes to lists.sonic.net, email
to sonic.net.

Cyndi