[Mailman-Users] How to stop spam emails

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 10 16:55:00 CET 2007

Charles Marcus wrote:

>On 12/10/2007, Mark Sapiro (mark at msapiro.net) wrote:
>> Mailman sends a summary every morning with the From: and Subject: of
>> the held posts waiting moderator action.
>
>Where is this option? I don't currently get these, but I'd like to...

There is no option for this per se. The option (admin_immed_notify) is
to get or not get the per message notices. The daily summary is
produced by cron/checkdbs which should run daily at 8:00 a.m. if you
have the default Mailman crontab installed.

If you aren't getting the summary, either cron isn't running checkdbs
or you are so diligent at dealing with held messages that there never
are any outstanding when checkdbs runs.