[Mailman-Users] Auto-Discard Sender Filter

Henry henhowc at ucla.edu
Wed Dec 12 20:58:03 CET 2007

Hello All,

One of our Mailman mailing lists appears to have several e-mail
addresses listed under the sender filter section:

"List of non-member addresses whose postings will be automatically discarded"

I've talked to the list admins and they have all claimed that they did
not place these e-mail addresses there nor do they know how they got
there in the first place. Is there some sort of automatic "feature" in
Mailman that would be adding these e-mail addresses without manual
intervention? My first inclination after looking through the online
documentation and from using Mailman for the last few years was that
someone simply added these e-mail addresses manually by mistake and
either forgot about it or just didn't care to admit to doing it.
Basically I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything I've missed
and this was in fact just user error and some feature you can
enable/disable through the admin options.

Anyone's input will be much appreciated. Thanks!

--
Henry Chang
henhowc at ucla.edu
University of California, Los Angeles