[Mailman-Users] Stability of Mailman 2.1.10

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 20 18:52:57 CET 2007

Cyndi Norwitz wrote:

>I asked my ISP to upgrade to the new version of MM (they're using 2.1.9).
>I'm especially excited about the admin_member_chunksize feature.  Their
>reply: "From their site it appears this is not a stable release...I expect
>we will not be upgrading until it is indicated it is the latest stable
>release."

It is currently the first beta release. The final 'stable' release will
not be made before Feb 2008.

I think it is quite solid. I am running my production lists on it, but
most of the translations are not up to date, and there will be changes
(I've already made 2) and probably one more release before the final.
So, unless they want to upgrade twice, I think it's reasonable that
they would want to wait for the final.