[Mailman-Users] Can't send email to non-local recipients

Larry Zins larry.zins at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 21:23:54 CET 2007

Thanks for the reply Charles.  When I type the command "postalias virtual",
it complains about the format, as if it wants the format in the /etc/aliases
file.  I changed it the /etc/aliases format, but either way, it still
does'nt work.

# postalias virtual
postalias: warning: virtual, line 1: name must be local
postalias: warning: virtual, line 2: name must be local
postalias: warning: virtual, line 3: name must be local
postalias: warning: virtual, line 4: name must be local
postalias: warning: virtual, line 5: name must be local
postalias: warning: virtual, line 6: name must be local
postalias: warning: virtual, line 7: name must be local
postalias: warning: virtual, line 8: name must be local
postalias: warning: virtual, line 9: name must be local
postalias: warning: virtual, line 10: name must be local
#

I can't believe mailman is so hard to get working...  What good is a
maillist that does'nt send out of the box it's on?

Regards,
Larry