[Mailman-Users] Change moderators and owner password from command line or email interface

Cat cat at burningman.com
Wed Feb 7 02:40:17 CET 2007

Hello,

I've been asked  to do some modifications on 100 mailing lists, to implement
a new owner/moderator policy for all those lists.
There is 1 owner for the 100 lists, and the previous owners of each list
become moderators.

The owner of the 100 lists wants the same owner password of  the 100 lists,
and they also want the same passwd for moderators.

I have written a shell script to do most of the list owners and moderator
changes, but I can't find how to change the moderator and owner password.

change_pw  and withlist seems to change only a user's password (but I might
have missed something there as I'm not fluent in Python()

can the admin and moderator password be changed with a command line?
or an email command that I could include in my shell script?

Thanks in advance,

--
Cat
Burning Man Sysadmin Team