[Mailman-Users] Mailing List subscriptions are 'frozen'

Derek Cicero derek.cicero at sun.com
Thu Feb 8 18:48:26 CET 2007

I searched the archives for this issue and did not find any relevant
messages, so I was hoping someone could help me.

We've been running mailman 2.1.4 on Solaris for about 2 years and in the
last week the subscription confirmations have seemingly stopped being
sent to users. In looking at the subscription log, it's only been able
to process 11 new subscriptions today, vs. 5000 pending ones.

Now, the 5000+ subscription requests seems odd, since that would match
the total number of subscribers to all lists, so I assume those are
attempts by spam-subscribers. Do we need to dump out the confirmation
queue? Does mailman eventually get full of bad (spam) sign-up attempts?

Thanks,
Derek

--
Derek Cicero