[Mailman-Users] User with same name of a mailman list not receivinge-mails

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Fri Feb 9 14:54:18 CET 2007

Quoting Centro de Apoio Técnico da APM (cat at apm.pt):
> > This is a question better directed to support resources for your MTA.
> > The answer depends on what MTA you are using and perhaps other things,
> > but you have to recognize the different domains in your MTA and only
> > pipe to Mailman that mail which is addressed to the mailing list
> > domain.
>
> My MTA is Postfix and I have other lists running of the same
> mailinglist.domain.com just fine.
> The problem here is that I have a user in my server that has mail
> running in the domain.com and a list with the same name of that user
> running in mailinglist.domain.com. And now the user wont receive the
> messages.
>
> My point is: how can I prevent the messages sent to user at domain.com
> going to the list?

Mark is correct, this is a Postfix issue not a Mailman issue, per-se.  The
default setup of Mailman with postfix is that it sets up a virtual table
where listname at listdomain.domain.com is redirected to listname at domain.com,
and if somebody has listname at domain.com, then you're sunk.  CPanel patched
their version of Mailman so that listname at listdomain.domain.com is
redirected to listname-listdomain at domain.com, which would solve your
problem, but you'd probably have to do it by hand.  Look in
/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/virtual-mailman and /var/lib/mailman/aliases.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com> http://blog.xcski.com/
I find that anthropomorphism really doesn't help me deal with hardware all