[Mailman-Users] Install Issue -- Qmail/Mailman Interaction

Greg Sims greg at headingup.net
Wed Feb 14 18:19:29 CET 2007

Hi There,

I installed mailman on a system that is running Qmail and virtual domains.
The Mailman GUIs from the web and the command line seem to be working
correctly.  I created a list "testing" and performed a mass subscribe of a
single email address -- mine.  Membership management from the web shows one
person subscribed.  This all seems to be working.

I sent an email to testing at dom.ain which was rejected with the following:

<testing at dom.ain>:

xx.xx.xx.xx does not like recipient.

Remote host said: 550 sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.7.17) Giving
up on xx.xx.xx.xx.

I believe there is a basic interface issue between mailman and Qmail.
Please give me some pointers on how to get this sorted out.

Thanks!  Greg

PS. This could have been caused by configuring this new server while most of
the production DNS records were pointing at the old server including
"list.dom.ain".  All production DNS is now pointing to the new server so
this should no longer be an issue.