[Mailman-Users] Mailman archive -small problem

Joe Comeau JComeau at mrl.ubc.ca
Wed Feb 14 18:39:52 CET 2007

Thanks Mark,
indeed you found the exact problem.

A person before me installed mailman but didn't complete the task.
I re-installed with a clean setup but I didn't/don't fully understand all the settings.
in the mm_cfg.py file the setting for public archives was set to "/pipermail/"
This unfortunately was what the setting for the default_server.conf file was as well.
I must have just assumed they were the same and correct, obviously not.

Really appreciate your help

Joe

Joe Comeau wrote:

>Almost everything is perfect except for the archives.
>I have 3 test list, only one with a couple messages.
>If you click on the link to go look at the archives for a list, instead of
>getting the archive list, you get a files listing (ie no index file for apache) of the public folder
>instead of the public/(list name).  If you type in the list name in the url it takes you to the archives and you can browse them.

I think you have an incorrect setting in mm_cfg.py for
PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL. The default setting for this (in Defaults.py is

PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'http://%(hostname)s/pipermail/%(listname)s'

Perhaps you changed this for some reason and left off the /%(listname)s
part.

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***
This electronic message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication by unauthorized individuals is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the original and all copies from your system.