[Mailman-Users] Adding Mhonarc to existing Mailman installation

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Feb 20 19:05:21 CET 2007

vancleef at lostwells.net wrote:

>What happens if I move a config.pck running on stock 2.1.9 (version
>96) to this new tree?  Is there something in Mailman that figures out
>how to remunge the config.pck file?

Yes! This is the key to migrating a list to a new version in any
context. See the definition of CheckVersion() in Mailman/MailList.py.

Whenever a list is loaded from config.pck (or even a 2.0.x config.db),
the data version from the file is compared to the version of the
installation, and if it is less, Update is imported from
Mailman/versions.py and called to migrate the list data to the current
version. This is why you can drop a config.pck from an older version
into a running newer version and it just works.