[Mailman-Users] List email domain versus archive / web admin domain.

Alan Gutierrez alan at blogometer.com
Sun Feb 18 13:14:58 CET 2007

I've just moved my mail server to a new server. I used to run my lists
on the same server where I hosted web sites, so that I was able to have
the following.

bloggers at thinknola.com
http://thinknola.com/pipermail/bloggers/

The website thinknola.com will stay at the current machine.

My users are not terribly savvy and I don't want to change things too
much. They should not have to adjust their address books. Links can
redirect.

I tried using mod_proxy, but that meant that the mailman CGI was unable
to determine the hostname, and therefore, did not provide for listings
of hosted lists in /mailman/listinfo

Google recommends this solution:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2003-January/025330.html

Is this the preferred recipe?

Incidentally, the layout of this list...

mailman-users at python.org

Would be okay. I'm wondering if it doesn't follow the recipe in the link
above.

--
Alan Gutierrez
504 717 1428 - alan at blogometer.com - http://blogometer.com/